Billy Currington Message Forum

TORONTO - Canadian international forward Cyle Larin has signed a Generation Adidas contract, setting the stage for the highly...

jokergreen0220 - 11-30-2017 at 11:44 PM

TORONTO - Canadian international forward Cyle Larin has signed a Generation Adidas contract, setting the stage for the highly touted UConn underclassman to play a prominent role in next weeks MLS SuperDraft. Marcus Johansson Jersey .The 19-year-old from Brampton, Ont., who has been capped three times by Canadian coach Benito Floro, is seen as a possible No. 1 pick.Exceptional talent, said Toronto FC general manager Tim Bezbatchenko. Cyles one of those players that just has the raw ability to be what he wants to be. He can play a couple of different positions. Obviously getting called up to the Canadian national team already, hes playing at a world stage and I think he has the ambition to do that.No doubt hes projected to go high. So well just have to see.Orlando City SC has the first pick in the Jan. 15 draft in Philadelphia followed by fellow expansion team New York City FC. Montreal picks third.Toronto FC has three picks in the first round: sixth, ninth and 11th. The Vancouver Whitecaps select 13th.Other Generation Adidas signings announced Thursday are goalkeeper Alex Bono, defender Conor Donovan, midfielder Cristian Roldan and midfielder/forward Romario Williams.Generation Adidas deals, given to star underclassmen, do not count against an MLS teams salary cap.The only other Canadian to sign a Generation Adidas contract is New England Revolution forward Teal Bunbury, who had both Canadian and U.S. citizenship. Bunbury, the son of former Canadian international Alex Bunbury, went fourth overall in the 2010 MLS draft and was subsequently capped by the U.S. A sophomore, Larin led the Huskies with nine goals and topped the American Athletic Conference in game-winning goals (3) and goals per game (0.56). He earned All-East Region First Team and All-Conference First Team honours and was named American Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year.The six-foot 190-pounder scored 23 goals in 39 games at UConn.Constantine Smyrniotis, Larins agent and co-founder of the renowned Sigma FC club that Larin has been part of since he was 11, said the player also had interest from Europe.The interest from MLS and support from the Canadian national team helped keep him at home, Smyrniotis said.Larin will not be part of the MLS Combine that precedes the draft. He is in Jamaica with the Canadian under-20 team for the CONCACAF U20 championship.Canadian defenders Nikola Paunic (South Florida) and Skylar Thomas (Syracuse) have been invited to the Combine.Kyle Bekker, another Sigma product, became the highest Canadian drafted in MLS when Toronto took him third overall in 2013.———Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter. Martin Brodeur Jersey . City, fielding a depleted team having already qualified, was twice pegged back by the plucky Czech champions but substitute Negredo tapped home in the 78th minute and Dzekos header made sure of victory in the 89th. The result kept City three points behind Bayern Munich ahead of their meeting in Germany in two weeks. Stefan Noesen Jersey . - Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Jason Babin is now a free agent. http://www.nhldevilshockeystore.com/scott-stevens-jersey/ . "Last year we were in a ton of situations, late-game situations we couldnt pull out. Wed kind of fold under the pressure, get frustrated or let a big shot frustrate us," guard DeMar DeRozan said.MELBOURNE, Australia -- Eugenie Bouchard became the first Canadian in 22 years to reach the quarter-finals of a Grand Slam on Sunday by beating Casey Dellacqua 6-7 (5-7), 6-2, 6-0 at the Australian Open. The 19-year-old from Montreal is the first Canadian since Patricia Hy-Boulais at the 1992 US Open to get this far at a major. Seeded 30th, the victory could move Bouchard to as high as 21st on the WTA rankings. The last Canadian to rank in the Top 30 was Aleksandra Wozniak (week of October 26, 2009 on 30th). She overcame a slow start to eventually earn the victory in 100 minutes and set up a match with former world No.1 Ana Ivanovic on Tuesday. "Im feeling a lot of support from Canada," said Bouchard, who ended with six aces, 28 winners and six breaks of serve. Mirco Mueller Jersey. "Im excited to keep going and getting better. "I tried to stay calm after the first set and focus on what I have to do in the point. I felt I started to play well. I stayed in the moment after a shaky first set and felt pretty good out there." Bouchard said she watched some of Ivanovics upset of Serena Williams. "Ana plays aggressively and Im looking forward to doing the same," she said. "No ones going to give it to me, so its going to be a good match." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '